Invitation and roundup from Sebastian Meine.
This time the T-SQL Tuesday topic is: Passwords. Anything that you can think of, that has to do with or is related to passwords is a welcome topic. To give you a few ideas about what you could write, I compiled a short list of possible topics:
- How do you pick a good password?
- How do you remember all your passwords?
- Tell a password story or draw a cartoon.
- Did a password once change your life?
Those topics are not really SQL Server related, so you might argue that they do not fit a T-SQL Tuesday. I think that they still would make valuable posts, but in case, you want to play it “closer to home”, here are a few more ideas:
- How do you manage all the SA and application passwords in your organization?
- How do you or should you store passwords in your database?
- How do you enforce password hygiene for SQL Logins in your environment?
- Did you once write an application (or procedure) that made use of the password hashes in sys.sql_logins
And, if you still think that “passwords” is not a fitting topic for T-SQL Tuesday, write about why you think so.